Sunday, October 9, 2011
Sweet October
Yeah. First post in October.
Fall is here. I love the breeze.I love the chilly windy breeze.I love the trees.It can change colors from green to red, to orange and then yellow and fall into the ground.The grass only greener on the other side now.And, its October.It has been almost a year in States. Time surely flies so fast ay?
Nebraska and I
Honestly, I never know Nebraska is before. I really don't know if Nebraska is a state or a town or anything else *I don't even know Nebraska does exist.* I came here because I got a friend here,and I prefer UNL instead of Calpoly just because I really do some double standard just because it got Polytechnic on its name. I told myself that I want my certificate to have only UNIVERSITY, not something with Polytechnic.
Looking back, I remember that day when I was had a meal at KL SOGO foodcourt and I look up to the TV and I saw some match in gymnastic between the Big Ten universities. Surely all the athletes look so gorgeous, so athletics, I should say and I told myself and my friend, if I were to go to States, I really one to go to one of the Big Ten universities.We kind of making fun of our dream that time,but surely God is a generous daddy.
"Big Ten, meet Big Red." Here I am now.Being in one of the Big Ten families. UNL just had enter the Big Ten group this year and it was really a big deal to us. I never thought that i would really being here, to be a part of prestigious Big Ten, to have my dream come true, and I admit that God really hear our prayer,our thought and give us the best that we should deserve.
Nebraska has been a great place for me so far. I started to like Lincoln more and more each day. I love the serenity and the warm people here.It just as quiet as my own hometown. I finally found myself being comfortable here, somehow. And the taxes are lower in this state.LOL.
Study was quite tough but i really enjoy this semester.I might not be the best in any class,but I really happy with my own achievement. There are some adjustment I really need to do. Like:
1. I will stop complaining
I realize that I complaint a lot this whole year. I complaint how hard my life is, how hard to get and be on track with my study. How hard to manage myself. I just want to stop complaining and stop worrying. To be worry is just like sitting on a rocking chair. I will move, but only back and forth on the same displacement. It will not get me anywhere else.I need to get up and do what I am supposed to do. So, I will just stop complaining and stop hurting God by asking to much question and did not be grateful for the chances He had given me. I will just do my best and leave it to God. He brought me here, and I am sure he will have a way to help me to sort out my life.AMEN.
2. Manage my time
Weather getting colder and I really tempted to sleep. i really need to manage my time to study and play and rest, so I guess I really need to confined myself in the library during the office hours just to get my work done. I need to shed some pounds so, I will need to allocate some time to work out and pamper myself with a good rest.
3. Financial management
MONEY. I really spend lotsa money lately.Yeah. Forever21, Old Navy, Hollister, Abercrombie, Victoria Secret,Nike, Under Armor. Gosh. They really making me broke nowadays. I really really need to save some bucks. :(
4. Spend time with God
How can I easily forgot the one that give me all this opportunity? Often I forgot that without Him, I will not be able to be here. Often I making up excuses for not going to church. Often I forgot to help others who are in need. I tend to be selfish nowadays and I tend not to be thankful for everything.
Nebraska really did well in the match between Ohio State.It was really a great comeback from Huskers. This weekend feel so great when the sweet victory was on our side last night. I am proud to be a Huskers.
